And in today’s Portlandia moment, live from Seattle: the front page of the Seattle Times. Caption: Melany Vorass cooks risotto with onions, white wine, mushrooms—and a gray squirrel she caught in her yard.
I might try this. I had Brunswick Stew years ago, which I think is also from the Joy of Cooking 1967 edition that Vorass mentions, but I used rabbit.
However, I think a hachet to the neck is a faster death than Vorass’ technique:
Vorass traps the squirrels live and then drowns them, which she has determined is the quickest death for the animals.
I checked and squirrel is an ‘unprotected species’ in NY State, and therefore homeowners can trap them at will, since they are a nuisance, as are hares and rabbits.
- sagardas likes this
- nattybae reblogged this from jessbennett and added:
- nattybae likes this
- shawnruse likes this
- joycegarcia reblogged this from jessbennett
- cozystumblings likes this
- fresheggtarts likes this
- kaocow likes this
- cynicismandspunk likes this
- mynameisnothanna reblogged this from jessbennett
- makemixtapesnotwar likes this
- concoctedconversations likes this
- underpaidgenius reblogged this from jessbennett
- jessbennett posted this